Poems and Stories

Poems and Stories

Friday, July 13, 2012

About Me, Mariyah

     Well hi, my name is Mariyah and yes I am a Muslim. I love to write poetry. (Sigh) Yes, this is my first time blogging and I have to say it is pretty cool. I encourage you to try it. Well anyways I was born and raised in D.C, Maryland, and Virginia. Then when I was about 7, I moved to Pennsylvania and lived there for two years. Me and my family just couldn't stop missing our roots so we moved back home. It was cool in PA but I was beginning to become homesick. I first started to write poetry in the sixth grade. Then later started to do it more often. I love animals and I have always been obsessed with animals. I've been around animals since I was an infant and I never stopped wanting to help them. Right now I am in high school. My parents are cool (so people say) and my 4 brothers and 2 sisters are definitely a handful but god always gets me through the day. When I get I out of college (If I can figure out what I want to go in for) I hope to be a successful woman. I love photographing nature. Well I guess I love photographing everything, you will be surprise what weird things you can catch on camera. I love to cook, bake, babysit, photograph, dress-up (knowing that I am only in my house that does), learning, ummm I definitely love animals, and probably many more stuff. I hope you enjoyed hearing about boring old me.

Stay tuned for more poems and stories.

2 comments:

  1. Inspiration from Ummu: I love you and you are so intelligent. I am the number ONE fan of your poetry and spoken word. Never let anyone bring you down or tell you that you are unworthy.

    You are sensational! You are beautiful! You are smart! You are creative! You are important! You have meaning and worth! You are better than you can imagine! You will succeed!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please feel free to comment. Don't worry I don't mind criticism but I won't tolerate ignorance. There is a fine line between the two. Also, I love compliments more.